In mid-October, I reached out to a few, relatively well-placed people in Israel or affiliated with Israel, who could have translated this (below) and plugged it widely… but there was no interest. Everyone still “trusts the army”, or thinks the Hamas are monkeys, or both.
We do not know if Gaza will still stand, when the army enters it.
Also, the Ukraine war has given us no instructions about tunnels.
Aside from that:
· If you can see the sky, you can be seen from the sky. You will NOT see or hear a small commercial quadcopter drone, 20 meters above your head. These drones can drop grenades; larger quadcopters can drop multiple mortar shells. Therefore, do not loiter in bunches, do not advance in compact rows. Do not cluster together. One long side of an armored vehicle is no “cover” from an aerial threat—it is a potential massacre. Spread out, so that only one of you is killed, not the entire squad.
· Antitank missiles will be used against infantry squads. Despite the directed nature of the explosive charge, there is a HUGE volume of evidence from the Ukraine, that an antitank missile exploding on the ground, not contained by a “proper” target, can produce enough area blast power to kill or disable everyone within a 12-plus meter blast diameter. Again, spread out, so that only one of you is killed, not the entire squad.
· Antitank missiles will be launched into windows. Rocket-propelled grenades will be launched into windows. Kamikaze drones will be launched into windows. Do not sleep, rest, eat, meet, or store munitions in external rooms. For these purposes, use internal rooms. External rooms are observation positions and firing positions ONLY. Station no more than two men per external room.
· The enemy’s dead—even civilians—may be booby-trapped. Their rifles and backpacks may be booby-trapped. Do not take trophies. Touch nothing. Even YOUR dead may be booby-trapped. Do not hurry to clear the dead. Wait for a sapper, or, attach a long cable or rope or parachute cord to one or both of the corpse’s ankles, and pull the corpse at least 10 meters, to trigger any potential explosive device.
· ANY AND EVERY stationary tank or other vehicle not active on “the front”, on open ground but within range of enemy mortars or antitank missiles, must be inside a caponier (an excavated dug-out) or protected by an excavated berm / embankment. Failing that, at least find an alley or other narrow space between structures. Even better, drive into a shed or garage. You cannot just leave your vehicles parked in the open, as if at a picnic.
· In the city, armored vehicles support infantry, NOT vice versa. Any infantry advance must be covered by “generous” suppressive fire from autocannons or heavy machineguns against known, suspected, or potential enemy positions, typically on the top floors or roofs (if any remain.) The enemy wants to live, and, although nothing is guaranteed, in response to your fire, he will usually keep his head down.
· Where it can be used, direct fire from tanks is far more accurate and effective than artillery. However, tanks MUST be constantly in motion. The enemy needs time to identify and target a tank, and antitank missile launchers cannot be relocated quickly. For tank fire against suspected enemy positions, use the “CAROUSEL” METHOD: One tank appears, fires for one or two minutes, and withdraws—initially in reverse gear, no time for turning—as another tank appears in another location, and so on. Do not grant unto the enemy a stable target.
· You must assume that the enemy hears and understands everything that you say on a cell phone or unencrypted radio. Cell phone communication is DEATH.
· For the colonels and generals: “Commando” soldiers are for lightning operations. Their training has ZERO relevance to continuous, intensive combat. Do not misspend your commandos. The enemy will kill them much, much faster than your government can train them. You will not conquer Gaza with commandos.
If I ever get bounced from this blogging platform (not to mention, from Twitter), which, given enough time, is NOT UNLIKELY, then, I will take my mailing list and reconstitute from somewhere else, but, I WON’T be able to reach you, nor will you know where to find me (most of you can’t spell my name), IF I DON’T HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. Please enter it, below: